Soil erosion in the Canadian Arctic: UK & Canada Arctic Partnership

Soil erosion in the Canadian Arctic: UK & Canada Arctic Partnership

Dr N.A. Cutler
Dear colleagues,

Are you working on a site in the Canadian Arctic that is subject to
aeolian erosion? Would you like to collaborate on a project funded by a
NERC UK-Canada bursary (up to 20K GBP)?

https://www.arctic.ac.uk/2016/11/10/uk-and-canada-arctic-partnership-2017-bursaries-programme/

If so, please contact either myself or Richard Streeter
([hidden email]), my colleague at St Andrew’s University, UK.
We’re interested in land cover change, soil degradation and ecosystem
resilience in high-latitude locations. You can get a feel for our work
here:

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Using-spatial-patterns-to-assess-the-resilience-of-sub-arctic-landscapes

We are currently using UAVs to capture spatial patterning in Icelandic
vegetation, but we are keen to expand our work to other Arctic areas.

Please get in touch if you have a site that might be suitable, but be
aware the turnaround time is quite tight (5 January deadline).

Very best,

Nick