Stereo imaging using time lapse cameras

Wolfgang Rack
Dear colleagues,

we are using a SLR time lapse camera system to monitor the ice motion of
outlet glaciers in the Transantarctic Mountains. This season we will add
a second camera for a photogrammetric setup for DEM/orthophoto
generation. I was wondering about the appropriate distance between the
camera positions and other useful considerations. We plan to mount the
cameras about 800m above the glacier surface, and the distance between
the cameras an the central flowline is about 10km.

I would very much appreciate any comment and recommendation or to get in
touch with someone who could share her/his experience with this type of
camera setup.

Many thanks,

Wolfgang

~ Wolfgang Rack
~ Senior Lecturer - Remote Sensing/Glaciology
~ Gateway Antarctica, Centre for Antarctic Studies and Research
~ University of Canterbury - Te Whare Wananga o Waitaha
~ Private Bag 4800
~ Christchurch, New Zealand
~ ph: +64 3 364 3166, fax: +64 3 364 2197
Have a look at ...
     ... http://www.anta.canterbury.ac.nz

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.