Summit Greenland temperatures

C.A. Shuman
For those of you interested in the reported air temperatures at Summit,
the NOAA data for 2012 is illustrated here relative to several previous
years of their JJA data (up to July 25th so far).
http://jcet.umbc.edu/2012/07/nasa-72412-press-release-green.html

The data shown will be updated periodically through the end of August.
And it bears repeating that the snow surface temperature (as tracked by
MODIS or the passive microwave sensors, see the NASA press release) can
differ by several degrees from the nominal 2 meter air temperature.

Cheers, Christopher

--
Christopher A. Shuman - Assoc. Research Scientist
UMBC Joint Center for Earth Systems Technology

More Greenland temperatures

Ruth Mottram
Dear all,
apologies if you are not interested in the temperature at Summit in
Greenland, but following on Christopher Shuman's message I thought it
would be interesting to forward this link from a DMI news items last
week (in danish - but google translate works reasonably well):

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/t_vejr_pa_gr_nlands_top

DMI has been operating an AWS at Summit since 1991 and this and other
data is available for research purposes. The downloadable reports
relating to this are linked at the bottom of the linked webpage and
other technical reports (mostly in English) on the available data from
DMI's AWS measurements in Greenland can be found here:

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/viden/dmi-publikationer/tekniskerapporter.htm

The actual data can be obtained by filling out the contact form, there
may be a small delivery charge. See this page for details:

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/erhverv/bestilling_af_vejr_og_klimainformation.htm

Best regards

Ruth Mottram

--