Take a few minutes to check that your efforts are in the new IPY EOC Catalogue!

Take a few minutes to check that your efforts are in the new IPY EOC Catalogue!

IPY Outreach
Please send out to any and all people, organizations and institutes interested in science education and outreach.  Apologies in advance for any cross postings!

To all those interested in Education, Outreach and Communication during the latest International Polar Year!

Since the close of the International Polar Year (IPY) in the June 2010, the IPY Education, Outreach and Communication (EOC) Assessment Project has been working to collect information on Education, Outreach and Communication projects that occurred during the 2007-2009 International Polar Year.

We have now collected survey responses from more than 200 IPY EOC activities and have information on more than 500 education and outreach programs and activities. This includes large scale outreach involving internationally collaborations to IPY inspired classroom projects and activities. Thank you to all those who have taken the time and filled out our survey, your efforts are greatly appreciated and we have included the entries into our current catalogue of IPY EOC efforts.

Now that we have compiled IPY EOC projects into a single online, open access, searchable database we are asking for your feedback.

You can view and search the catalogue here: http://apecs.is/education-outreach/ipy-outreach-assessment/catalogue

Please take the time to look through the catalogue.  You can browse and search through the catalogue, allowing those interested in certain topics, target audiences, activities, certain countries etc. to narrow down the catalogue to what you are interested in.  If you find an error in an EOC activity that you were a part of please email [hidden email] with the name of the project and the correction.

If you were involved in, or know more activities that are not in the catalogue, we still want to know about them.  You have until April 8th to enter the information in our online IPY EOC survey (http://apecs.is/outreach/2529-ipy-eoc-survey).  (If you took part of the survey and requested a copy of the report, don't worry it is coming,  we are still working on this part of the project)

This IPY EOC Assessment Project is an ICSU funded activity, lead by APECS in partnership with SCAR and IASC.  The project committee thanks everyone who has taken the time to input EOC records and complete surveys, and hopes that this project will help promote, record and archive all the EOC efforts that made IPY such a success.

If you have any questions, concerns, corrections please direct your email to [hidden email].

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Provencher
IPY Education, Outreach and Communication Assessment Project Coordinator

Please visit the project website at apecs.is/education-outreach/ipy-outreach-assessment

To fill in our IPY Education and Outreach survey visit our survey page

Take a few minutes to check that your efforts are in the new IPY EOC Catalogue!

Jenny Baeseman
[...]

"Shaping the Future of Polar Research"
- - -

Dr. Jenny Baeseman
Director - Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)
University of Tromsø
Central Administration B357
NO- 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Office: +47 776 46990
Mobile: +47 4821 8095
Calling from the US, use 1-715-203-0072 (just like a regular long distance call within the States)
skype: jbaeseman