Teaching opportunity in Physical Geography/Geology

Teaching opportunity in Physical Geography/Geology

Porter, Philip R

Dear colleagues

Due to staff sickness, we are urgently looking for someone with a broad background in Physical Geography and/or Geology to undertake some part-time lecturing and marking on our Undergraduate Programmes in Geography and Environmental Management.

This would be on a visiting lecturer basis and would be ideal for a PhD student or a recently gradated PhD candidate. Cover is required starting in early February and is needed for the following areas:

·         First year/level 4: rocks and minerals and basic physical geography/geology (mass movement, tectonics etc.) together with associated marking.

·         Second year/level 5: cover needed to teach similar subject areas to level 4 and undertake associated marking.

·         Final year/level 6: Natural Hazards, mass movement and a limited amount of hydrology.

If you know of anyone who may be interested, please could you ask them to contact me as soon as possible, either by email or by telephone (full details below).

Best wishes, Phil.

Dr P R Porter

Associate Dean Education (Student Experience)

Reader in Geoscience and Geoscience Education

School of Life and Medical Sciences

University of Hertfordshire

College Lane

Hatfield Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB