Tenure Track Position in Natural Resources/Environmental Science & Policy

Tenure Track Position in Natural Resources/Environmental Science & Policy

Karen Frey

Clark University: Tenure Track Position in Environmental Science and Policy

https://www2.clarku.edu/offices/hr/jobopportunities/jobsdb.cfm?id=1426&viewjob=1&grouping=F

Clark University’s International Development, Community, & Environment Department (IDCE) seeks a tenure-track Assistant Professor with expertise in Natural Resources (e.g. water, soil, land, biodiversity, ecological services including agriculture and/or food systems). This expertise will primarily support IDCE’s pioneering Environmental Science & Policy (ES&P) Program, extending and complementing IDCE’s focal areas in Conservation & Development and/or Climate Change Impacts & Adaptation. A doctorate in natural science or engineering is required at the time of appointment. The successful candidate is expected to help ES&P/IDCE enhance its interdisciplinary capacity to understand and address complex socio-ecological challenges at the intersection of science, technology and policy, in domestic and international settings.

Required are the potential for or demonstrated ability to achieve research excellence; obtain external funding; and conduct outstanding teaching and advising. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate experience with policy, practice, or translational research. The successful candidate should complement departmental strengths not only in ES&P, but in one or more of the other four IDCE Graduate Programs: International Development & Social Change; Community Development & Planning; Geographic Information Science for Development & Environment; and Community & Global Health. Major responsibilities will include developing and teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in natural resource science and policy in Clark’s BA Major in Environmental Science, the MS Program in ES&P and the joint MS/MBA Program in ES&P and Management.

IDCE presents unique collaborative opportunities, including the opportunity to work with scholars affiliated with diverse academic departments and research institutes both on and off campus, in particular Clark’s renowned Graduate School of Geography and the George Perkins Marsh Institute; collaborative research is a hallmark of Clark University.

Clark University embraces equal opportunity as a core value: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. We are an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity university and we strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented groups, inclusive of all women, to apply.

Candidates should send a CV, a cover letter detailing their professional, research and teaching interests, together with contact information for three references, to Tim Downs, Associate Professor of IDCE at <[hidden email]> . For full consideration, application materials should be submitted no later than October 31, 2017.

Karen E. Frey, Associate Professor

Graduate School of Geography, Clark University

950 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01610

Email: [hidden email], Tel: (508) 793-7209

http://www.clarku.edu/faculty/kfrey