Two post-docs positions at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in support of ICESat-2

Two post-docs positions at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in support of ICESat-2

Markus, Thorsten (GSFC-6150)

Hi everybody,

The ICESat-2 Project Science Office within the Laboratory for Cryospheric Sciences at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland  is looking for two post-doctoral scientists to support the upcoming ICESat-2 mission.  Candidates are expected to have experience in sea ice or ice sheet science and in altimetry, ideally laser altimetry.

Given that the launch is about 6 months away we would like to fill this position rather sooner than later. Research will focus on data assessment and algorithm performance and updates. Independent exploration of those unprecedented data is strongly encouraged.

We will also consider more senior scientists at the level of Assistant Research Scientist.  The selected candidates (either Post-Doctoral or Assistant Research Scientist) will be employed by the University of Maryland through a cooperative agreement with NASA/GSFC.

Please send resumes and a statement of interest to [hidden email] or [hidden email] by 31 March 2018.

 For questions regarding this position please contact:

Thorsten Markus ([hidden email])

Or

Tom Neumann ([hidden email])