Quantcast

U.S. National Academies Call for Nominations: Polar Research Board

U.S. National Academies Call for Nominations: Polar Research Board

Everett, Lauren M.

THE NATIONAL ACADEMIES OF SCIENCES, ENGINEERING, AND MEDICINE

CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:  POLAR RESEARCH BOARD

DEADLINE:  FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2017

The Polar Research Board (PRB) is the focal point within the U.S. National Academies for providing independent advice to the federal government and others on issues related to the Arctic and Antarctic. The Board identifies, develops, and oversees activities such as discussion forums, program and document reviews, assistance in setting priorities and identifying research opportunities, evaluation of technologies and methodologies, analyses of controversial and nationally-important topics, and information dissemination. The PRB also serves the nation at the international level as the U.S. National Committee to two international non-governmental polar science organizations: the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR) and the International Arctic Science Committee (IASC). The Board’s volunteer members normally meet two times each year to give oversight to current PRB activities, plan new activities, and interact with a wide array of scientists and decision-makers.

We are seeking nominations of potential new PRB members. The current PRB roster can be found here. Our goal is to have a board that is diverse and forward-thinking.  We are seeking candidates with expertise and practical experience across all areas of polar science (both physical and social sciences), engineering, and policy.

Deadline for Nominations: Friday, April 28. To submit a nomination, please fill out this form. Thank you for your assistance.

[Note:  This email has been sent to several distribution lists.  My apologies if you receive multiple copies.]

Lauren Everett

Program Officer

National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine

500 5th Street NW, K605, Washington, DC 20001

Tel (202) 334 1753  www.dels.nas.edu/prb