University of Delaware, Climatology tenure-track Assistant Professorship

University of Delaware, Climatology tenure-track Assistant Professorship

Brian Hanson
DELAWARE, NEWARK
University of Delaware. The Department of Geography in the College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor position beginning September 2013. The department seeks a Climatologist who will complement and enhance the existing research areas of the department and college.

The Geography Department at the University of Delaware is a nationally and internationally recognized department that has a long-standing tradition in climatological research. The department offers undergraduate degrees in Geography, Environmental Science and Environmental Studies, Masters degrees in Geography, Ph.D. degrees in Geography and Climatology, and a graduate-level certificate program in Geographic Information Science. Our research and teaching programs interact extensively with other units in our college and university, and we emphasize interdisciplinary research collaborations.

The successful candidate will be expected to develop an independent research program with a graduate education program and a high level of publication and external support, along with service to the department, college, university, and profession and teaching in support of our degree programs. A Ph.D. in Geography or related discipline is required at the time of appointment.

To be considered for this position, applicants must provide a letter of application addressing their qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, statement of research and teaching interests, and contact information for three references. All applications must be submitted electronically at <http://www.udel.edu/jobs> by attaching a CV and statements combined as one electronic document. Questions regarding this position (job ID#100889) (but not applications) may be addressed to the committee chair, Brian Hanson, <[hidden email]>. Review of applications will begin on October 12, 2012, and will continue until the position is filled. Further information about our department and programs may be found at <http://www.udel.edu/Geography>.

The University of Delaware is located midway between Philadelphia and Baltimore, and is a Sea Grant, Space Grant, and Land Grant institution and a member of the UCGIS. The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from minority group members and women.