Upcoming SERF experiment at the University of Manitoba (Canada)

Upcoming SERF experiment at the University of Manitoba (Canada)

Nicolas-Xavier Geilfus

Dear all,

We are in the process of planning the upcoming winter experiments at the Sea-ice Environmental Research Facility (SERF) at the University of Manitoba, Canada, and are extending our invitation to external researchers who might be interested in joining us.

For those who don’t know, at the core of the SERF facility is an outdoor seawater pool (60 ft long, 30 ft wide and 8 ft deep) located on the campus of the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg. It is equipped with a movable roof to control snow cover and ice growth, along with various sensors and instruments to allow real-time and on-site monitoring. The facility is ideally suited for controlled, mesocosm-scale sea ice studies, as well as test and development of new tools and equipment. Further information of SERF can be found at: http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~wangf/serf/

If you would like more information, or have any questions, feel free to contact me ([hidden email]).

Interested to join? Please download the application form (http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~wangf/serf/SERF_Application_Form_2019.pdf ) and send it back to me by September 20th. In early October, we plan to have a meeting with all interested participants to

discuss how best to accommodate and coordinate various requests  (a separate email will be sent to the participants).

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas-Xavier Geilfus