Vacancy: Product and Service Development Manager, Remote Sensing

Vacancy: Product and Service Development Manager, Remote Sensing

Richard Hall

Hello,

Please find below details of one of 12 new vacancies recently announced by KSAT (Kongsberg Satellite Services) which hopefully will be of interest to some of the cryolist readers.

Details of the other 11 positions can be found here, in Norwegian: http://www.ksat.no/News/KSAT_soker_12_kloke_hoder.html

Regards

Richard

Richard Hall

Kongsberg Satellite Services

Tromsø, Norway

Product and Service Development Manager, Remote Sensing

Due to expansion KSAT’s Product and Service Development Group is seeking a new team member. The primary role will be to support our activities for developing and improving our near real-time satellite information products and services, with particular focus on the maritime domain.

You will have a background, experience and education corresponding to at least a university master's degree in geomatics, preferably with a strong background/emphasis on remote sensing.  Expert knowledge on the use of SAR and/or optical data as input to operational information extraction is a plus.

Our group is responsible for developing products and services based on satellite data from the “proof of concept” to “operations”. You will work with scientists, engineers, project partners, end users and customers from around the world to ensure that the delivered products meet and exceed the market needs.

We are co-ordinating and participating in national and international projects, and you will join our project teams. Current projects are focused on KSAT’s Earth Observation strengths in delivering near real-time information derived from satellite images, e.g. for oil spill detection, ship detection and for sea ice and icebergs. Experience and interests in business development is also a preference. You will also work closely with our Technical, and Sales and Marketing departments.

Our projects include frequent national and international travel, hence you must enjoy this.

Qualifications and background:

•           Result oriented and well organised person

•           Fluent in written and spoken English

•           Diligent

•           Experienced in international collaboration, preferably from international project teamwork

•           Good presentation skills

There is considerable potential for professional and personal development in KSAT.

We offer salary according to qualifications, good insurance coverage and an enjoyable working environment.

Women are encouraged to apply.

The workplace will be Tromsø, Norway.

For more information contact:

Jan Petter Pedersen, Vice President - Product and Service Development, ph. +47 905 81 626 (mobile) or

Tony Bauna, Director - Product and Service Development, ph. +47 907 37 455 (mobile)

Send your application to [hidden email], with the job title in the subject.

Deadline for submission: 1 February 2011