WAIS Workshop near Seattle WA, Oct 8-11 - intl. student/early career support

WAIS Workshop near Seattle WA, Oct 8-11 - intl. student/early career support

Ted Scambos
(apologies for any cross-postings)

We would like to let the international community know that we can support your students or
early career scientists (within five years of the Ph.D.) by waving the registration fee
for the 24th West Antarctic Ice Sheet Workshop (WAIS Workshop) meeting to be held at Camp
Casey, Washington State (near Seattle, WA) on 8-11 October, 2017.

Unfortunately, we can no longer offer airfare support for deserving international students
(or international invited speakers).

We are extending the deadline for requests for student / early career support for
international researchers until Aug 25, given that our earlier message indicated that
travel support was limited to only domestic U.S. persons.

We aim to continue to make WAIS a robust, active, and global discussion of the Antarctic
Ice Sheet, and its climate and ocean and geology. Your request for support, and abstracts,
are welcome.

Due to some delays (the IGS Symposium here in Boulder, mainly), we will be inviting
several speakers (domestic and international) over the next few days to the WAIS meeting.
Please keep it in mind as a great place to present your recent work on dynamic ice sheets
and their environment.

We can continue to offer airfare for U.S. invited speakers and deserving student and early
career researchers.

see our website (www.waisworkshop.org) for more information about the meeting.

best regards to all,

Ted Scambos

           Dr. Ted A. Scambos
          Lead Scientist, NSIDC
       CIRES, University of Colorado
   1540 30th Street, Bldg. RL-2 Rm 218
          Boulder CO 80303  USA
     [hidden email]   w: 303-492-1113

"The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
                              -Albert Einstein