WGMS call-for-data

World Glacier Monitoring Service
Dear CRYOLIST-subscriber,

The World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS) has opened the call-for-data
for the observation period 2018/19. We are compiling standardized data
on glacier front variations, glaciological mass balances (at point and
glacier-wide level) as well as glacier changes in area, thickness, and
volume from geodetic surveys. Furthermore, we are interested in special
events such as related to glacier surges, avalanches, or lake outburst
floods.

If you carried out any type of these measurements during the
hydrological period 2018/19 or if you have data series from earlier
years, you are kindly invited to submit your data via our National
Correspondents who organize the data compilation in their
region/country.

For more information, data submission guidelines and forms please check
our website:
https://wgms.ch/data_submission/

And the list of National Correspondents: https://wgms.ch/contact-ncs/

Data submission deadline is December 1, 2020.

The compiled glacier fluctuation data (together with reference to
principal investigators, sponsoring agencies, and related literature)
will be published in our online and print products.

If you have any questions concerning the data submission, please do not
hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely yours,

Michael Zemp, on behalf of the WGMS team

P.S.1 For the submission of glacier inventory data, i.e. digital
outlines for inclusion into GLIMS and RGI, please check the GLIMS
website (https://www.glims.org/MapsAndDocs/guides.html) and contact
Bruce Raup using the following email: [hidden email]

P.S.2 For the submission of glacier photo collections and repeat
photographs please check the NSIDC Glacier Photograph Collection
(https://nsidc.org/data/glacier_photo/) and contact Florence Fetterer
(cc).

+ + + +

World Glacier Monitoring Service
Department of Geography
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8057 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

[hidden email]
http://www.wgms.ch

- - - - - - - quick links - - - - - - -

Glacier Monitoring Session @ AGU 2020:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm20/prelim.cgi/Session/102154

Glacier Monitoring Session @ EGU 2021:
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/session/39045

IACS WG on Regional Glacier Mass change
https://cryosphericsciences.org/activities/wg-ragmac/

What is the current state of glaciers around the world?
https://wgms.ch/global-glacier-state/

How much are glaciers contributing to sea-level rise?
https://wgms.ch/sea-level-rise/

What is the state of national glacier monitoring?
https://wgms.ch/national-glacier-state/

GTN-G Global Glacier Browser
http://www.gtn-g.org/data_browser.html

WGMS Fluctuations of Glaciers Browser