We need the terrestrial perspective for Ocean Worlds at AGU!

We need the terrestrial perspective for Ocean Worlds at AGU!

Catherine Walker
Greetings everyone!

Ice-ocean and general "Ocean World" enthusiasts: we want you to join us!
Session P020, "From the Earth to the Moons: Unraveling the Geologic, Oceanographic and Chemical Mysteries of Ice and Ocean Worlds"

Cross-listed in planetary, cryosphere, and ocean sciences, we're bringing together studies of ice and ocean worlds: those in our own solar system (including Earth!), possible analogues in extra-solar systems, and the associated geological, geochemical and oceanographic processes that might contribute to the evolution (habitability included) of ices, oceans and their interactions.
How might the observable surface be representative of processes taking place in the subsurface? How might these processes contribute to extreme biological habitats, and habitability? What types of interactions drive their evolution? Seeking to bridge Earth and planetary studies from Mercury to Pluto and all satellites in between, we encourage contributions on: in-situ/remote sensing observations; theoretical and laboratory work; analog field work investigations.
Link for more info: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/45706

We hope to see you in Washington, D.C. this December, discoveries abound! It will be fun!

Catherine Walker (JPL), Chris German (WHOI), Steve Vance (JPL), and Britney Schmidt (Georgia Tech)