Webinar on High Resolution Models in the Arctic

Webinar on High Resolution Models in the Arctic

Jessica Rohde
Dear Colleagues,

The IARPC Modeling Sub-team leaders invite you to Thursday, November 30th, 3pm EST collaboration team meeting on High Resolution Models in the Arctic. Presentations will be given by Eric Chassignet (Florida State University) who will focus on the ocean models, Steve Cavallo (University of Oklahoma) who will focus on atmosphere modeling, and Wieslaw Maslowski (Naval Postgraduate School) who will focus on the coupled system models. We hope you will be able to join our call!

Renu Joseph and Scott Harper
Modeling Sub-team Leaders

How do I participate?

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations (https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/request-account.html), where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community. Once you have an account,  join the Modeling Sub-team (https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/14and you will automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next meeting here (https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/events/10278).

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

While the IARPC Arctic Research Plan is a Federal product and responsibility, IARPC recognizes that implementation cannot be accomplished without the research community. Therefore, collaboration teams and the IARPC collaborations website are open to participation by all stakeholders. The IARPC collaboration teams and website has created a new level of transparency in the research endeavor where information is flowing between the community and Federal agencies. Think of it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis.

  • Communicate regularly with Federal program managers and the research community. The conversations enabled through IARPC Collaborations have created an unprecedented level of information exchange.  The research community benefits from the ongoing, monthly meetings where they can present their research to peers and program managers and learn about new research efforts within their field. Program officers, always eager to learn about research activities and priorities from the community, are able to do so on a regular basis. Program managers learn about one another’s programs, and identify synergies between programs and programmatic gaps.
  • See your research results in reports to Congress and Federal agencies. Reporting on implementation of the Arctic Research Plan goes to the IARPC principals, chaired by the Director of the National Science Foundation and made up of representatives of 14 Federal agencies, and to Congress. Anyone may submit their contributions to our Arctic Research Plan and see their research in these reports.

We hope you will consider participating in Modeling Sub-team meetings, posting information on the website and getting involved in a meaningful way that benefits you and the work you are doing. If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, or team manager Emily Osborne at [hidden email].