Will Harrison

Martin Truffer-2
Dear fellow glaciologists,

we are saddened to inform you that Will Harrison passed away on Oct 30, shortly after his 84th birthday. Will had a PhD in nuclear physics and was involved in nuclear research before his long and distinguished career in glaciology. He was an AGU Fellow, and Chief Editor for the Journal of Glaciology. He has touched many lives and leaves many fond memories. We will publish an obituary in ICE at a later date to pay tribute to his many contributions to glaciology and to our lives.

Best wishes

Martin Truffer, Carl Benson, Regine Hock, Matthew Sturm

cc: Magnus Magnusson, Francisco Navarro

Re: Will Harrison

Ute Herzfeld
So sad to hear this!

Ute Herzfeld
 Ute C. Herzfeld
 Geomathematics, Remote Sensing and Cryospheric Sciences
 Research Professor, Department of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering
 Senior Research Scientist, Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences
 University of Colorado Boulder
 Boulder, CO 80309-0574 USA

 fon +1-303-492-9066

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 8:37 AM Martin Truffer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear fellow glaciologists,

we are saddened to inform you that Will Harrison passed away on Oct 30, shortly after his 84th birthday. Will had a PhD in nuclear physics and was involved in nuclear research before his long and distinguished career in glaciology. He was an AGU Fellow, and Chief Editor for the Journal of Glaciology. He has touched many lives and leaves many fond memories. We will publish an obituary in ICE at a later date to pay tribute to his many contributions to glaciology and to our lives.

Best wishes

Martin Truffer, Carl Benson, Regine Hock, Matthew Sturm

cc: Magnus Magnusson, Francisco Navarro
For posting guidelines, see http://secure-web.cisco.com/17ji27KxHf9bi0WxS3acYw_BelJlpr3tuALxvjD6f78MP1tBDeqz7Zq5OAGGGpK98jnA7aMk6lh2ciUAo4R0mv5TNcTsPZFN5FHcmAyqrK8PcPiFcNfl684KUrC2guD8Y5jOo3SBZhohkhZJKf2n5Xzwthohie6GVZXNS9xs-VnM0IjAflB8kyVBqWGSIR698A3wnDGd6gV5Dln1toVRICV00FE845TP_J5pX3UPDHPSOZGC5558SgbSV6WwcAVYcGVusCAt8KmZ1J-F3dy3adeosNl0p9XZkDM_49H1RC5HvTammSey44TaCXAcIxXJZeBLTee3Bf90rQE8JiO2m3CQ8c0QLiJw3bOjiefbxnIgxWFPhOY_1O_sccvWSC867ZPkwX1Us_28LLDzi9Drgimp9leAn057O7xv2WUZzaCNv0qxC0NVV34Qk_T8_ZCooSYZ5NHl3J9hVSjzxFbgK0g/http%3A%2F%2Fcryolist.org%2Fposting.html
To unsubscribe, see http://secure-web.cisco.com/1TMsFZumWDC3ltc0mhzdMjHMAxpkYDwxDEZQ3WeNBn5DQ-LXBSRxANFnK4gYuNJ4ifYTzBfsv_1Mzjsx2Yl4NM3zAFl0vEVpUMop-FRvWqgeUD0l9_5QyINNT10AOm7n3vMAVv_eFMaBBFy_LDl1Iec0ICwJFqcM0caD5d9u6y7_RHqOHAU7JrP02nrkhnYITw0o6s1HQnWFOFEne3nYCJ1TmOnyBCmGE6virM_3uJuIqFQtc2_mYLoj49pj0xCecBIwYPXtcS1ZQdUx9d8ipLTqnKxI9UYKnTes6mJXHn7vAKQhMx3ooj_KhHkCk5hbfJ8FMvQUUk_q6Ymi6d7CgUbjh0ZCVtSJSIYDEGnB6wDMMgh5oR9a6NtaRR6hkdIHsFqy_OIRqK49nsrtcZstFRMnX0KjCsgwenXy-0sbcxbVwKzy4fu5qSjgew36sRXN27UWpK5ZOOfh4tGsiLFmUdw/http%3A%2F%2Fcryolist.org%2Funsubscribe.html

Re: Will Harrison

Francisco Navarro
Sad news, indeed. We will need someone volunteering for an obituary in
the IGS website and probably an expanded one for the ICE bulletin.

Paco

--
Prof. Francisco Navarro, despacho A302-4
Departamento de Matemática Aplicada a las TIC