abstract call for the 24th Annual WAIS Workshop Oct 8-11, 2017

abstract call for the 24th Annual WAIS Workshop Oct 8-11, 2017

Betsy Sheffield
Call for abstracts for
the 24th Annual WAIS Workshop
October 8-11, 2017
Camp Casey Conference Center
Coupeville, WA, USA
https://www.waisworkshop.org/workshop-2017

The 24th Annual West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) Workshop is just around the corner, October 8-11, followed by the Antarctic Earth Science Meeting, October 11-13, both at the remarkable Camp Casey in Washington State.

Please consider attending the WAIS meeting, for yourself, your students, your colleagues. WAIS is an outstanding venue for those interested in multi-disciplinary study of the Antarctic ice sheet and its interaction with the atmosphere and ocean. It is also a widely-appreciated venue for early-career and students to attend and present new work. The 'recent' paleoclimate and sedimentary indications of change in the ice sheet are also welcome here, as are ice core paleoclimate studies.

We will set the final topics based on the abstracts we receive; however, it is clear that there has been considerable activity in the Antarctic Peninsula over the past year and many significant research efforts in the coming few years.
We have room for 100 people or more this year -- and the registration fee is always low -- come out and enjoy the most collegial meeting of the year.

Abstract deadline: August 14
Student support request deadline: August 18

Registration fees (registration opening soon):
$300 for professionals, including post-docs
$225 for active students (pre-PhD)

Visit our web site for information on the location, registration, abstracts, student support, and more:
https://www.waisworkshop.org/workshop-2017

Best regards,
Ted Scambos, Knut Christianson, and Betsy Sheffield
WAIS Workshop Organizing Team
https://www.waisworkshop.org/workshop-2017