all this stuff from APECS

Oerlemans, J. (Hans)
I don't think that Cryolist should be used by the APECS President to tell us how exciting the month November is for her.
Especially not to late-career scientists.

With kind regards,
J. Oerlemans

Re: all this stuff from APECS

Roger Braithwaite

I am sorry that I had to dig into my "deleted" tray to find out what Hans Oerlemans was writing about.

I suppose APECS are doing a useful job but I hope that it is not built on the idea that people should work all their lives in polar studies. A subject like, for example, glaciology benefits by experience from everywhere between equator and poles.

Roger J. Braithwaite
School of Environment and Development (SED)
Arthur Lewis Building Room 1.069
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PL
[hidden email]
Tel:  +44 (0)161 275 3653

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/research/roger.braithwaite

My latest book chapter:
http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/why-do-we-expect-glacier-melting-to-increase-under-global-warming-

New international glossary:
Cogley, J.G., R. Hock, L.A. Rasmussen, A.A. Arendt, A. Bauder, R.J. Braithwaite, P. Jansson, G. Kaser, M. Moller, L. Nicholson and M. Zemp. 2011. Glossary of Glacier Mass Balance and Related Terms, IHP-VII Technical Documents in Hydrology No. 86, IACS Contribution No. 2, UNESCO-IHP, Paris. http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0019/001925/192525e.pdf

Some of my best photographs are at:
http://www.stillpictures.com
Just do a search for "Greenland" and/or "Braithwaite"