information we would like to post to the mailing list

information we would like to post to the mailing list

Konosuke SUGIURA
--------------------
1. Abstract Deadline Extended
        Third International Symposium on the Arctic Research (ISAR-3)
        14-17 January 2013
        Tokyo, Japan

Organizers of the Third International Symposium on the Arctic Research
(ISAR-3) announce a call for abstracts. The symposium will be held 14-17
January 2013 at the National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation
(Miraikan) in Tokyo, Japan.

The symposium is intended to detect and clarify the recent changes in
the arctic region, and to build understanding of the essential processes
behind them. The theme for ISAR-3 is "Detecting the Change in the Arctic
System and Searching the Global Influence. All colleagues, including
scientific and technical researchers, decision makers, and students are
welcome.

Participants wishing to present an oral/poster presentation are
requested to submit an abstract of no more than one page of text (500
words maximum, PDF file). Notification of acceptance will be made to
participants by the middle of October.

Extended abstract submission deadline: Thursday, 27 September 2012 (Japan Time/GMT+9:00).

For further information, please go to:
http://www.jcar.org/isar-3/

For questions, please contact:
Symposium Secretariat