land mask for Antarctica

Eric Steig-2
Thanks to all -- and especially to Anne LeBroq, and to Ted Scambos and
the gang at NSIDC -- for their rapid help with my Antarctic land mask
request.
With the help they have me, I have produced a series of files in
easy-to-use format that may turn out useful to others that want gridded
lat/long data for coastlines and elevation at relatively low resolution
(e.g. for GCM boundary conditions).  I will provide a link to them when
they are all ready.

Eric Steig

Re: land mask for Antarctica

Ted Scambos
Eric, we'll plan to place those on our AGDC website . --Ted

On 01/19/2012 02:45 PM, Eric Steig wrote:

> Thanks to all -- and especially to Anne LeBroq, and to Ted Scambos and the gang at NSIDC
> -- for their rapid help with my Antarctic land mask request.
> With the help they have me, I have produced a series of files in easy-to-use format that
> may turn out useful to others that want gridded lat/long data for coastlines and
> elevation at relatively low resolution (e.g. for GCM boundary conditions).  I will
> provide a link to them when they are all ready.
>
> Eric Steig

              Ted A. Scambos
Senior Research Scientist, Lead Scientist
     National Snow and Ice Data Center
CIRES, University of Colorado, Boulder
       1540 30th Street  Bldg. RL-2
         Boulder CO  80303   USA
   303 492-1113 vox   303 492-2468 fax

"...my faith is that the human race ... will
develop and progress _without limit_. Living
is worthwhile if one can contribute in some
small way to this endless chain of progress."
                      --- Paul Dirac