looking for field experience

Alix Guillot

Dear All,

 I am an undergraduate student (first year of a master in hydrology). I’m very much interested in glaciology in a wide sense, and looking forward getting hands-on experience in this field through participating in research activities, preferably at least partially in the field. I will available and eager to move (almost) anywhere in the world from June to August 2011.

As a student of University Joseph Fourier, France, this can be formally regarded as an internship, thereby providing adequate administrative status during a stay in any academic institution.

Many thanks ahead for contacting me off-list if you see opportunities of having me onboard your research project,

You can see below my resume.

Yours sincerely,

Alix Guillot

Alix Guillot

Master student, Hydrology major

University Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, France

[hidden email]

Education
First year of Master Hydrology, University Joseph Fourier - Grenoble – France.
* 2007-2010 Bachelor’s Degree : Physics/Earth Sciences -University Joseph Fourier – Grenoble – France.
* 2007 High School Diploma : Geophysics/Biology – Grenoble- France.
Research experiences
2011- 6 months internship at the Planetoloy and Astrophysics Dept (Insitut de planétologie et d’astrophysiques de Grenoble (IPAG)) under the guidance of Dr Eric Quirico.
"Minerals and carboneous phases in primitive chondrites."
2010 – 2 months internship at he Glaciology Dept (Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Géophysique de l’Environnement (LGGE), Grenoble), under the guidance of Dr Marie Dumont.
"Monitoring of spatial and temporial variations of surface albedo on Saint Sorlin Glacier (French Alps) using MODIS data"
Other Related Experience
Computer Science: Office, Matlab, Geomatica, ErMapper, QGIS
* Lifeguard
* First Aid Certificate
Languages spoken
French: fluent
* English: highly proficient
* German: basic knowledge
Additional Information
Interests: skiing, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, music (flute, trumpet), travel abroad (Australia, Ireland and England, Germany)