I am an undergraduate student (first year of a master in hydrology). I’m very much interested in glaciology in a wide sense, and looking forward getting hands-on experience in this field through participating in research activities, preferably at least partially in the field. I will available and eager to move (almost) anywhere in the world from June to August 2011.
As a student of University Joseph Fourier, France, this can be formally regarded as an internship, thereby providing adequate administrative status during a stay in any academic institution.
Many thanks ahead for contacting me off-list if you see opportunities of having me onboard your research project,
* First year of Master Hydrology, University Joseph Fourier - Grenoble – France.
* 2007-2010 Bachelor’s Degree : Physics/Earth Sciences -University Joseph Fourier – Grenoble – France.
* 2007 High School Diploma : Geophysics/Biology – Grenoble- France.
* 2011- 6 months internship at the Planetoloy and Astrophysics Dept (Insitut de planétologie et d’astrophysiques de Grenoble (IPAG)) under the guidance of Dr Eric Quirico.
"Minerals and carboneous phases in primitive chondrites."
* 2010 – 2 months internship at he Glaciology Dept (Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Géophysique de l’Environnement (LGGE), Grenoble), under the guidance of Dr Marie Dumont.
"Monitoring of spatial and temporial variations of surface albedo on Saint Sorlin Glacier (French Alps) using MODIS data"
Other Related Experience
* Computer Science: Office, Matlab, Geomatica, ErMapper, QGIS
* First Aid Certificate
* French: fluent
* English: highly proficient
* German: basic knowledge
Interests: skiing, horseback riding, swimming, tennis, music (flute, trumpet), travel abroad (Australia, Ireland and England, Germany)
You're subscribed to the CRYOLIST mailing list
To change your subscription options, visit http://cryolist.org/ To send a message to the list, email [hidden email]