"Tenure-track position in Snow Hydrology available at SLF Davos, Switzerland"

"Tenure-track position in Snow Hydrology available at SLF Davos, Switzerland"

jasmine.zimmermann
S  WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF
The WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF is part of the Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL and thus of the ETH Domain. WSL focuses on the sustainable use and protection of landscapes and habitats, and a responsible approach to natural hazards. WSL employs approximately 500 people, of whom 140 work at SLF in Davos. The Research Group Snow Hydrology investigates the dynamics of snow water resources and snowmelt in alpine watersheds. To complete our snow hydrology research team we are looking for a

Scientist in Snow Hydrology (Tenure Track)
You will work towards improving our current snowmelt models and data assimilation methods, which together found the basis for our research efforts and operational services. Furthermore you will coordinate respective research efforts within our development team. You are expected to acquire funding for associated development projects and support the supervision of our students. While contributing to our projects you actively foster ongoing and new collaborations with stakeholders in science and practice.

You hold a university degree in environmental sciences or in a similar field as well as a PhD on a subject related to snow hydrology. You are an internationally recognized snow scientist with a proven expertise in the use and development of snow models. A record of relevant publications and of acquired project funding is expected. Excellent writing skills in English are required and a working knowledge of German is preferable but not mandatory. You appreciate working in a team that operates at the interface between science and practice.

Please send your completed application to Jasmine Zimmermann, Human Resources WLS/SLF. Tobias Jonas, Tel. +41 (0)81 417 02 59, will be happy to answer any questions or offer further information. The WSL strives to increase the proportion of women in its employment, which is why qualified women are particularly called upon to apply for this position.

We are happy about your online application on the following link:
http://www.slf.ch/ueber/jobs/index_EN
https://apply.refline.ch/273855/0761/pub/3/index.html

WSL-Institut für Schnee- und Lawinenforschung SLF
Flüelastrasse 11, CH-7260 Davos Dorf, Telefon +41-81-417 01 11, Fax +41-81-417 01 10, www.slf.ch