request from IPCC WG1 sea level chapter

Jonathan Gregory
Dear colleagues

I am writing on behalf of the lead authors concerned with assessing future sea
level change in the IPCC Working Group I Fifth Assessment Report, whose
preparation is just beginning. We are dealing with projections of global-mean
sea level change during this century and the further future, and with the
geographical distribution of future sea level change. To inform the assessment
we need to be aware of relevant publications. In addition to our own searching
of the literature, we would be grateful to hear from authors of papers on
predictions/projections of global sea level change, of any of its components
(thermal expansion due to ocean heat uptake, glaciers, ice caps, ice sheets,
terrestrial water storage), of regional sea level change, and of any of the
influences upon it (ocean density and circulation changes, surface flux
changes, changes in the solid Earth and geoid). If you have published a
peer-reviewed paper on such subjects in 2006 or later, we would be grateful if
you would you email it to me. If you have submitted a relevant paper which you
are willing to share with us at this point, you are also welcome to email it
to me. (Note that IPCC drafts are always treated as confidential.)  Papers to
be considered in this assessment must have been submitted by the end of July
2012, but it will be helpful to know about them sooner rather than
later. Please feel free to pass on this request to any authors of relevant
papers. (I will also post this request to climlist.)

Many thanks for your help. Yours sincerely

Jonathan Gregory

Re: Requests for publications for use in IPCC AR5

Siri Jodha Khalsa
Permit me to suggest a more efficient methodology for assembling lists
of relevant publications.
Authors should be able to check what papers have already been identified
by the chapter authors.

One option:  establish a wiki that could be viewed and added to.
Another option, requiring less set up:  use a webpage bookmarking
service (http://www.delicious.com/ or http://www.stumbleupon.com/).
Every published paper has a URL of some kind.  Allow participants to add
bookmarks of publications to common pages for each chapter.

--
Siri-Jodha Singh KHALSA, Ph.D., SMIEEE
National Snow and Ice Data Center