the 2012 melt season over Greenland ice sheet simulated by MAR

the 2012 melt season over Greenland ice sheet simulated by MAR

Xavier Fettweis
Dear Colleagues,

If your are curious about the current melt season over the Greenland ice sheet and notably about the record of melt extent recently pointed out by the NASA, I have posted on my web site some results of the regional climate model MAR forced by the ECMWF operational reanalysis unitil the 22nd of July:

http://climato.be/melt-2012

MAR suggests that the 2012 seems to be again a record melt season with a time integrated SMB near the absolute minimum of 2010. As previous summers, this is again due to (negative) anomalies in NAO.

Enjoy your holiday after the IPCC deadline,

Xavier
--
Dr. Xavier Fettweis
Postdoctoral Researcher (FNRS)