vEGU Session CL4.25 "Polar regions – climate, oceanography, tectonics, and geohazards"

vEGU Session CL4.25 "Polar regions – climate, oceanography, tectonics, and geohazards"

Johann Philipp Klages

Dear Cryolist members,

We would like to notify you about our session CL4.25 “Polar regions – climate, oceanography, tectonics, and geohazards” at the upcoming online EGU 2021 meeting this April 19-30. The aim of our session is to bring together researchers working on both northern and southern high latitudes processes spanning various spatio-temporal scales from fjords to the deep sea, to provide a multi-disciplinary picture of polar regions. We think that your research on XYZ would be an excellent fit for our session.

Due to the fact that EGU sessions are organized based on the number of abstracts that are submitted, we are not sure how many “invited speakers” we can select at this time. When we know how many abstracts have been submitted after the deadline, we may promote one or two abstracts as selected speakers. If you submit an abstract, we would consider elevating yours to that status.

As you may know, the annual meeting will be held entirely online again this year. Abstracts are due on Weds. 13 January 2021 at 13:00 CET

We hope to receive an abstract from you and your colleagues and learn more about your new research. Thanks very much for the consideration.

Happy New Year,

Andrew Christ (University of Vermont)

Johann Philipp Klages (Alfred Wegener Institute)

Kelly Hogan (British Antarctic Survey)

Kasia K. Sliwinska (Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland)

Michele Rebesco (Istituto Nazionale di Oceanografia e di Geofisica Sperimentale)

Dr. Johann P. Klages
Sedimentologist

Department for Marine Geology

Alfred-Wegener-Institut, Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Building D, Room 1120
Am Alten Hafen 26
27568 Bremerhaven
Germany