vEGU21 : CR5.1 Modelling and measuring snow processes across scales

vEGU21 : CR5.1 Modelling and measuring snow processes across scales

helbig
Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce our session on modelling and measuring snow processes across scales at the vEGU21 (virtual) conference 19-30 April 2021. We invite contributions ranging from "small" scales, as encountered in microstructure studies, over "intermediate" scales typically relevant for 1D snowpack models, up to "coarse" scales, that emerge for spatially distributed modelling over mountainous or polar snow- and ice-covered terrain.

Session CR5.1/CL4/HS2.1 (co-organized)
Modelling and measuring snow processes across scales

The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday 13 Jan 2021, 13:00 CET.

At vEGU 2021 all sessions will run in the new EGU virtual PICO (vPICO) session format. More information on this format of vEGU 2021 can be found here:

We look forward to discussing with you online!

Best wishes,

Nora Helbig (WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF),
Vincent Vionnet (Environment and Climate Change Canada),
Henning Löwe (WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF),
Richard Essery (University of Edinburgh, School of GeoSciences),
Neige Calonne (Centre d'Etudes de la Neige, Météo-France)

Dr. Nora Helbig
WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF
Snow Processes
Flüelastrasse 11
7260 Davos Dorf
Switzerland