vEGU21 session CR3.9 “Characterizing interactions between ice sheets, solid Earth and sea level”

vEGU21 session CR3.9 “Characterizing interactions between ice sheets, solid Earth and sea level”

Torsten Albrecht

Dear colleagues,

We kindly invite you to participate in the vEGU 2021 CR3.9 session "Characterizing interactions between ice sheets, solid Earth and sea level by observations, data assimilation and coupled modelling" co-organised by CL4/G3/GD8/GM7.

Please submit your abstract via the following link:

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/session/39063

Note the abstract submissions deadline is 13 January 2021 at 13:00 CET.

Session abstract

The evolution of the large ice sheets and the Earth’s rheology control the process of glacial isostatic adjustment, while bedrock topography and geothermal heat flux have strong feedbacks on ice sheet dynamics. For changing climates, this interplay exerts a fundamental control on the global and regional sea level and, in turn, influences ice sheet stability.

In this session, we focus on feedback mechanisms between climate relevant components, such as ice sheets, ice shelves, solid Earth, oceans and atmosphere (e.g., as in the German Climate modelling initiative PalMod). We invite global, regional and conceptual studies that consider reconstructions of the past and/or estimates of future ice sheet evolution in fields related to the climate system dynamics of glacial processes (the cryosphere, geosphere, oceanography, climatology, geodesy and geomorphology). In particular, we welcome studies of recent and paleo observations (geodetic, geological, geophysical), coupled numerical modelling and strategies, data-constrained model calibration and data assimilation.

We hope to discuss this topic in a wider audience across disciplines.

Please feel free to forward this invitation to any people you think may be interested.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Looking forward to your contribution.

Your convenor team

Meike Bagge, Torsten Albrecht, Evelyn Powell, Kira Rehfeld, Ricarda Winkelmann

vEGU21: Session CR3.9 Characterizing interactions between ice sheets, solid Earth and sea level

Torsten Albrecht

Dear colleagues,

we kindly invite you to participate in the vEGU 2021 session:

CR3.9: "Characterizing interactions between ice sheets, solid Earth and sea level by observations, data assimilation and coupled modelling" co-organised by CL4/G3/GD8/GM7. Conveners: Meike Bagge, Torsten Albrecht, Evelyn Powell, Kira Rehfeld, Ricarda Winkelmann

Please submit your abstract via the following link:

https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/session/39063

Note the abstract submission deadline is very soon, on 13 January 2021 at 13:00 CET.

[...]

Your convener team

Meike Bagge, Torsten Albrecht, Evelyn Powell, Kira Rehfeld, Ricarda Winkelmann